Goin' Places


That's a picture from Heathrow International.

It's quite staggering. The number of people who are traveling or going somewhere at any given time on any given day. New York, Dubai, Miami, Copenhagen, Mumbai, Oslo, Chicago, Hong Kong. Everywhere.. People just keep going and coming...

And they're so organised at it... Everything happens so smoothly and no one thinks twice about it... The airports, the seaports, the buses, taxis, cars and horses... they're all always so full. People are always arriving somewhere or are departing to somewhere.

Life is really just about that isn't it... departing from where you are right now... and arriving someplace better while making sure no one steals your bag, and you don't sit next to an "unattended" bag... I guess things used to be a lot simpler... you didn't have to worry about that unattended bag crap... Risks are like plane tickets... they cost a hell of a lot... but you never know what you might find at your destination... It sucks to fly solo...

Anywhere is okay... I'm not very intent on arriving anywhere...

I love this song... 'Sitting on the dock of the bay'... It's the laziest song in the world... Perfect for a slow sunday afternoon :)

 

8 comments. Share an Idea ]:

Commissioner said... 3 April 2008 at 04:11  

Funny, whenever I am at the airport...nothing goes smoothly :)

Anonymous said... 3 April 2008 at 15:42  

I remember always staring out of my window as a kid and wondering the same thing. So many people on the street, going somewhere, looking busy. Their life felt so hassle-less. But then once I thought maybe someone would think the same way about me when I am going down the street, looking absolutely calm on the outside, but having millions of little problems inside my head. I guess it's just how it appears. But agreeing with what fredrick says, whenever I am at the airport, NOTHING goes smoothly!

Anonymous said... 3 April 2008 at 16:22  

i don't mind flying solo, gives me this sense of independence xD

i like that whole risk and plain ticket thing lol it's kind of true

Anonymous said... 3 April 2008 at 16:23  

* i meant "plane" not "plain" lol

Elise said... 3 April 2008 at 17:15  

Thats one of my favourite songs too. It goes well with this post. I like to lazily watch people. xx

Sigourney said... 4 April 2008 at 23:18  

Another good song for a lazy sunday: Sunday morning by Maroon5

Just a suggestion.

jeff said... 7 April 2008 at 08:17  

Never been on a plane. Sad, I know.

justchum said... 19 April 2008 at 20:16  

Its weird though when you can look at any part of life like that...Like when you're riding the subway, for me, Im always puzzled by where everyone is going. I mean, I know where I am going, most of the time, but the dozens of people on the subway, what about them? Its weird how smoothly things can go sometimes..

Post a Comment