Perfection

Well... This blog has been on my mind for quite some time now... But i haven't quite gotten down to putting it just the right way... that's a problem with me... I can't quite say things the way I want to say them the first time around, and when I do, I usually end up making a huge mess of things... more on that later... when I'm a little more open...

So getting down to the gist of this post... Before i give you my views on this... think for a moment and define perfection... Elusive, unattainable perfection...

Thought about it?? Good... Now here's what I've got to say... Perfection is nothing more than a state of mind. No, listen... How many things do you think you've called perfect in your life?? A thousand?? The perfect movie... the perfect kiss (how many?)... The perfect night... Now multiply that by, oh... i dunno... 19 million... and you've got a pretty big number...

At this point, i remember a line from "The Incredibles" (which is an awesome movie!!)... Evil guy - "Everyone can be special... and when everyone is special... no one will be" (evil grin)... Ahem... Well, I think the reverse can be applied to perfection.... notice how people say "Nobody's perfect"?? Well, maybe everybody is... in their own ways, in views that come from different people...

But I'm losing the point here... the point was... is... that no matter what you think is perfect... the person next to you will not think quite the same thing... Perfection is an inebriated state of the mind, where the mind happens to be befuddled by some strange chemical reaction... and you can tell I'm thinking about my girlfriend right now :) she's perfect... really :)

Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder... perfection is held by a person when something is unimaginably special to him/her... Find something that's perfect and universally accepted as perfect will you?? This is probably starting to sound very disorganized, so I'm going to quit now...

Anyone strongly disagree?? Gimme some ideas :)

 

7 comments. Share an Idea ]:

Noor said... 22 December 2007 at 13:00  

I don't strongly disagree but I'll tell u what I think about perfection....
I'm a strong believer in God and God is perfect, nothing else is.
But I have this lil thought on perfection that says when u have ur own flaws and u've accepted them and embraced them and u have ur own qualities then ur PERFECT in our standards!
I dunno if u'd understand what I mean, kinda not what ur talking about but I understand what u mean, it's all about how u look at it, right?

it sorta reminds me of a line a friend used to discribe herself which is 'I'm special, just like everyone else'
ok that's my 2 cents on this, hope I helped :)

Bum Atom said... 22 December 2007 at 14:40  

How can god be perfect if he made us? hahah, I am an ass, perfection is that mistake you make that ends up being the best thing that ever happened to you, the wrong turn you make and find what you were not looking for, it's not fare, it's never right, thats perfect, thats life, or god or karma, or whatever. Its that speeding ticket, man thats just perfect, you got to love it, brat, we all love philosophy us bloggers, perfect man this comment is perfect yeah

HeatherrrEloise said... 23 December 2007 at 05:40  

I agree with you.
I believe perfection is a state of mind.
I have called things perfect many times.
My current boyfriend is not the first guy I have called perfect.
Just the only one I have considered perfect for me for so long.
I guess, since I am agnostic and my views on a higher power are a little skewed I believe we create what is perfect for us.
I don't know.

Crap, you are really making me think.

Anonymous said... 23 December 2007 at 22:29  

i'm contrary to you, my 1st drafts are always better than if i plan it all out and think it through XD

i think "perfect" is just another way of saying: "that's exactly the way I like it"

They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they'd make up their minds. ~Wilt Chamberlain

jeff said... 24 December 2007 at 07:41  

I wrote a song once about a girl I liked. One of the lines said went, "Your imperfections are what make you perfect." So I fully understand what you're talking about, especially concerning a girl.

SavvyD said... 27 December 2007 at 04:36  

Educators had to create 7 different kinds of intelligence to make kids feel better about themselves. Then they tried to add two more. Whatever. The only perfect thing out there is my blog. OK, maybe not. But, it is special!!

Unknown said... 28 December 2007 at 11:19  

Hello, thanks for your comment.
Just finished reading this post on the idea of perfection... I loved it. I particularly loved your reference to "The Incredibles" as it is an amazing film and deserves more credit :)
I also thought the part about your girlfriend was really sweet.
And in general I agree with your whole idea of perfection. So, well done, i'm usually hard to impress.
And about Mr. X, I agree with you. One of the many things I love about him is the fact that he treats girls so well. What I said was said in a rare moment of frustration. Wont happen again ;)

S x

Post a Comment